About Us

My photo
Stonehaven, North East Scotland, United Kingdom
Shoogly Beads is a husband and wife design team based beside the sea in Stonehaven on the lovely Northeast coast of Scotland. Mike is responsible for the gorgeous polymer clay beads and Pat is responsible for the jewellery design. The 'Shoogly' part of our name comes from a good Scots word meaning shaky, wobbly, swinging......just what beads and charms should do when you hang them off things.......a charm bracelet should be very shoogly as should dangly earrings! We also make and sell exclusive beads, pendants, charms, buttons and other bits and pieces in polymer clay. These can be used for your own creations! Pat has also re-discovered her love of painting and other crafts and some of these have been added to our shops. Currently we are selling our contemporary jewellery, polymer clay, art work and knitting via Folksy and Etsy

Saturday 18 December 2010

Our Wonderful Posties

Jim and Liz...Hannah hated Jim's Santa hat!!
 We're hearing an awful lot about delays in the post just now. Our weather has been atrocious, we can't get around ourselves yet we expect others to do so. A combination of bad weather and the increased postal traffic at this time of year is bound to cause delays. I'm not bothered if some presents and cards don't arrive until after Christmas. I certainly don't think anyone should be risking their neck just to get my post to me!!!
Years ago, as a student, I had a Christmas job as a Postie. It was the hardest job I've ever done. The snow was relentless and peoples' pathways and doorsteps were treacherous. I lasted 3 days before twisting my ankle on an icy doorstep.
 Liz  this morning in minus 8 degrees.
My other half, Mike, had an unexpected career change in his 40s and became a Postie. This was to be a temporary job until he found something in his field. He loved his Postie job and stayed in it until he retired! As a Postie he was always appreciated by his customers..........not so by some of his managers!!

Our Posties do a difficult  job, work long hours and get paid peanuts.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a crazy season for your region so far this year! I keep seeing photos on the internet. Crazy! The postal workers do have a difficult job! I am friends with the person who delivers my mail and the days it is snowy or icy are so challenging!!! ~Val

    ReplyDelete